August 29, 2025
Image default
Uncategorized

Assassin’s Creed Shadows getting Dead by Daylight crossover


Assassin’s Creed Shadows‘ first “special collaboration” will be a crossover with survival horror game Dead by Daylight, set to arrive on 27th May.

“Step into The Fog,” reads a post on social media by the Assassin’s Creed account this afternoon. “A new Dead by Daylight quest begins. Slip through the shadows. Survive the ordeal.”

An accompanying teaser video shows Naoe and Yasuke resting by a campfire, while a figure with glowing red flames around their arms and feet faces them. Exact details on what the crossover will contain are presumably set to arrive at a later date.

Last month, Assassin’s Creed publisher Ubisoft revealed that Shadows would get multiple “special collaboration” updates as part of its free post-launch content roadmap.

Today’s announcement appears to put a date on Shadows’ next big update, in which this first collaboration is included. Other additions expected on 27th May include improvements to the game’s photo mode and additional flashy parkour moves.

This update will then be followed by at least one further update in June, where a second free story mission will be added. This will feature a new ally that can come hang out at your homebase. June’s update is also set to feature new difficulty options, and the ability to wear headgear in cutscenes (a highly requested feature by fans).

Beyond June, Ubisoft has said it has plans to add a New Game Plus Mode, additional story missions, and more “special collaborations”.

This isn’t the first time Assassin’s Creed has provided optional post-launch content crossing over with other games, of course. Final Fantasy’s Chocobo turned up in Assassin’s Creed Origins, while multiple Assassin’s Creed heroes have themselves crossed over into the world of Fortnite.

“Majestic in scope, impressive in detail, Assassin’s Creed Shadows honours the beauty of feudal Japan,” I wrote in Eurogamer’s Assassin’s Creed Shadows review, “even if its strongest moments are saved for the personal stories of its two protagonists.”

Related posts

Rising game prices would “happen sooner or later”, says former PlayStation exec Shuhei Yoshida

Kuku

This War of Mine developer’s cancelled Project 8 revealed, a “risky” project that would have been a big departure for the studio

Kuku

Square Enix follows up Foamstars flop with Traitors-esque Killer Inn

Kuku