Sony has announced that the PlayStation 5 has shipped 46.6 million units worldwide, according to financial results for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2023. During the three months ending September 30, 2023, a total of 4.9 million units were shipped of PlayStation 5, which represents an increase of 1.6 million compared to the same period of the previous fiscal year.
In addition to these highlights, other statistics reveal a solid outlook for the gaming platform:
- Monthly Active Users on PlayStation Network: The network has 107 million monthly active users as of September 30, 2023, an increase of five million from 103 million in the same period of the previous fiscal year.
- Software Sales for PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4: During the three months ending September 30, 2023, a combined 67.6 million software units were sold for PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4, an increase of 5.1 million compared to the same period in the previous fiscal year.
- Sales of First Party Titles: 4.7 million units of first-party securities were sold, a decrease of 1.9 million compared to the same period in the previous fiscal year.
- Participation of Digital Downloads of Full Games: 67% of software sales are digital downloads of full games, which represents a four percent increase over the same period in the previous fiscal year.
- Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 success: The game has sold five million units as of October 30, 2023.
These numbers highlight the continued success and strong position of the PlayStation 5 in the gaming console market.