February 20, 2026
Image default
Uncategorized

Red Dead Redemption 2 reportedly set for Switch 2, as Take-Two boss praises Nintendo’s console


Red Dead Redemption 2 is reportedly heading to Nintendo’s Switch 2, for a potential release later this year.

Sources close to Rockstar relayed the news to Gamereactor, who corroborated with other sources.

It comes as Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick has shared the company’s “great optimism” for Nintendo’s new console during its latest financial briefing.

Grand Theft Auto VI Trailer 2Watch on YouTube

Take-Two has four games headed to Switch 2: Borderlands 4, Sid Meier’s Civilization 7, and the 2K Sports games NBA 2K and WWE 2K.

Zelnick claimed this is a “bigger array of releases than we’ve ever offered before with a new Nintendo platform.”

He continued: “Historically being a third-party in the Nintendo business has been a bit challenging. I think Nintendo’s been very forthcoming in addressing that, and we’re stepping up too because we have great optimism for the platform.”

Zelnick then commented on other potential games heading to Switch 2. “In terms of what we would bring to any platform, we address it on a case-by-case basis,” he said. “We obviously want to be where the consumers are. But we would not necessarily bring every title to every platform. There are also great catalogue opportunities as well.”

Could Red Dead Redemption 2 be one of those catalogue opportunities?

Earlier this week, rumours emerged of a GTA 4 port for modern consoles, with reliable insider Tez2 stating “by now it should’ve gone up a year in development”. Perhaps that will include Switch 2.

Zelnick has also commented on the recent delay of GTA 6 into next year, stating the decision was made to ensure Rockstar “achieves its creative vision with no limitations”.

Related posts

IO Interactive co-founder announces “pulse pounding” top-down roguelite Raiders of Blackveil

Kuku

The Last of Us TV show renewed for season three, and the second hasn’t even aired yet

Kuku

Palworld developer says Pokémon lawsuit will prompt more “disappointing” changes, as it continues to “dispute” claims

Kuku